I received an email this week from Success with an article from Kimanzi Constable about mistakes succesful people don’t make.
Reading the entire article (link is below) I must say I did do them all. Because of common sense and experience I realized they were mistakes and I won’t do it again. Some I am still working on.
What are these mistakes? This is the list:
- Successful people don’t allow toxic relationships into their life;
- Successful people don’t spend years doing work that doesn’t fulfill them;
- Successful people don’t let doubt and fear dedicate their choices;
- Successful people don’t chase other people’s dreams;
- Successful people don’t underestimate the power of physical fitness;
- Successful people don’t do things they know they don’t want to do;
- Successful people don’t copy someone else who is successful.
Personally I think nr.5 is a very important one. 20 Years ago I was so done with my weight and the way I looked that I started running. I still remember as if was yesterday how difficult it was for me to reach that first corner of the street. How I was completely out of breath. How after 3 month I realized that I passed that corner and the 2 after that without any problem. How I got addicted to running and kept on running everyday 6 times a week for an hour. How great I looked (dropped a couple of sizes), but most of all how great I felt.
I could handle any problem without stress, my confidence was sky-high, I never felt so good and happy. I had to run every day (10K) but I didn’t care.I loved it.
And that is the part which you need to be succesful, to reach your goals, to make your business succesful. And that is the part I have to work on again. I want to work on again. I want that feeling back again.
The only thing is, just as building your business, it takes a couple of years before you reach that point. I lost more than 20 lbs last year, just by starting to run again. I don’t have that addiction-feeling YET, but I will get there. And I will lose another 20 lbs this year. While I am building my business at the same time.
I agree that taking care of yourself is the best way to start to be succesful in your business, but also to be successful in your overall life.